Understanding ADDIE Methodology
- Responsibilities: Instructional Design and eLearning Development
- Target Audience: New Instructional Designers
- Tools Used: Articulate Storyline 360, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Year: 2022
Convert existing online training content into a more interactive, engaging, and effective learning tool. Using Articulate Storyline 360 to complete an updated version learning module for new Instructional Designers.
- Analyze the content. After reviewing mountains of content I realized that the content needed more visuals and the streamline the content and make the visuals more appealing.
- Design the concept. I know I wanted to use an infographic style with one central wheel to convey the Acronym. Using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to create and fine-tune the graphics.
- Develop the creation. Using Articulate Storyline 360 to create the program with animation, sound and interactive navigation.
- Implement the module: This module was published and zipped in Articulate Storyline 360 and then uploaded to a WordPress website.
- Redundancy Quizs. Two quizzes were created: drag and drop and a select multiple. The module gives them two tries and if incorrect shows the learner the correct answer to reinforce the lesson. A score at the end encourages the user to try again to get 100%.
This project was an exercise in streamlining content and updating outdated designs and graphics. Now, new Instructional Designers have a place to come to learn the basics of ADDIE methodology in a fun and pleasing way.
The use of Articulate Storyline 360 is an easy way to upload courseware to a webpage for the masses to learn interactive lessons.
If you are interested in talking about an eLearning project, then please contact me.